Is your Geauga County business ready for an ice storm?
Severe ice storms can lead to property damage, employee and customer accidents, and even shut your business down. Here are a few ways to prepare your property and assist in the well-being of others:
- Check your property for roof leaks, cracks or damage to gutters, and all trim.
- Make sure overhead awnings are secure.
- Check all overhead signage.
- Keep walkways, sidewalks, and parking lots clean and salted / brined.
- Keep a backup generator and make sure it is in proper working condition.
- Make sure there are no low hanging tree branches or lines.
- Make sure all fire extinguishers, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are working.
- Check flashlight batteries.
- Do you have a properly maintained First Aid Kit?
- Do you have slip, trip, fall, and cautions signs radially available?
- Check to see if all computers and servers are backed up.
- Check sump pumps, water lines, shut off valves.
- Check for icicles hanging.
- Know your insurance policy, do you have enough coverage during a storm event.
- Have an Emergency READY Profile in place for all owners and employees.
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster. The best time to plan for an emergency, is not when it happens, but well before it happens. By working with SERVPRO® of Geauga County, we can help you develop a personalized Emergency READY Profile.
Please contact us at (440)-564-7266 for more details or visit us at: http://www.SERVPROgeaugacounty.com/