Causes of Sewer Backups
Sewer backups can occur due to multiple reasons:
- Tree roots
- Backflow valve malfunction
- Grease buildup from pouring grease down the drain
- Improper disposal of paper products
- Aging sewer systems
- Combined pipelines
- Sanitary main blockages
- Poor foundation
Although you cannot control or fix every potential cause, you can do a few things to prevent another flood from occurring:
- Trim tree roots periodically.
- Landscape your property / land
- Inspect for foundation cracks
- Test and maintenance on your sump pumps and septic systems
- Test your backflow valve once a year.
- Properly dispose of grease and paper products.
By using these preventative measures and acting quickly when a flood does occur, you can protect your home or business in Geauga County, from mold growth and bacteria caused by flood water. When a flood does strike, contact an expert to help you effectively restore, sanitize, and deodorize your home.
SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC- Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Call us at 440-564-7266
For more information on Water Damage visit http://www.SERVPROgeaugacounty.com/