What is Mold?
What is Mold:
Mold is a fungi that requires two components to grow and survive.
- Indoor environment – wallpaper, drywall, paint, wood, fabrics, paper, and some carpets.
- Moisture – molds cannot grow without moisture.
When mold feeds on a food source it produces a byproduct of digestion, creating that musty / moldy odor we smell. Mold is microscopic until a large enough mass is created. If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Geauga County for mold remediation services.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it is a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 440-564-7266