Geauga County Flood Mitigation
Mitigation of Flood Damage
If you notice any kind of uncontrolled water in your home or business, you should not wait until the problem escalates. Most flood damage cases start as a small defect and end up bursting into an uncontrollable mess.
Flood damage is also associated with plumbing failures. Some of the steps you should take immediately you notice that there is damage in the water system include:
- Do not panic, remain focused on the task at hand
• Call your plumbing service company, some of them offer water cleanup and drying services
• If you can access the water main, shut it down to stop further loss of water and flooding
• The main electrical breaker should be shut and all the plugged electrical appliances removed from the carpet
• Lift all curtains that may be touching the floor
• Books, papers, and fabrics should be removed
The most important mitigation process is to commence with the restoration promptly. Calling an expert promptly will prevent further water loss and damage to your property. The experts will start with water cleanup to remove all the water in your business or home. Visit http://www.SERVPROgeaugacounty.comfor more information on water damage.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 440-564-7266