Grilling Safety in Geauga County
Spring Safety Tips – Grilling Safety
- Only use Propane and Gas Grills Outdoors
- Place grill away from your deck, house, garage, overhangs, and deck rails.
- Children and pets should be at least 3 feet away from the gilling area.
- Remove any grease or fat that may be in trays below cooking surface.
- Open gas grill lids prior to lighting
- Check all hoses (apply soap and water to the hose and look for bubbles)
- If you smell gas while cooking move away from the grill and call the fire department.
- If using a charcoal grill, never add fluid wile there is a flame.
- Let coals completely cool before disposing of coals. (Only place in a metal container that is away from all flammable objects.)
If you do suffer any fire damage while grilling, call SERVPRO of Geauga County at 440-564-7266. We are ready for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And we will make it “Like it never even happened.” For more information on fire or water damage situations, visit http://www.SERVPROgeaugacounty.com/