Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Discovering a water leak after a long day of work or school can leave you feeling lost on where to start. The water can leave damage to your floors, walls, and ceiling. SERVPRO of Geauga County is your water restoration you can trust. First, you want to make sure all electrical and slipping hazards are taken care of to ensure the safety of you and your family. Dealing with a water leak can be extremely stressful but don't worry, SERVPRO of Geauga County is here to help anytime 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While waiting for the team to arrive, you cause use the tips below.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (440) 564-7266
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.