3 Reasons Not to Use Bleach When Cleaning Mold
Do Not Use Bleach When Cleaning Mold
If you have discovered a mold growth in your Bainbridge, OH building, you might be tempted to try to tackle the problem on your own. In many cases, bleach is the go-to method for removing mold, but this might not be the best idea. Consider the following reasons why you should choose a different way to solve your fungus problem.
1. It is a Toxic Chemical
The reason that many people use this method is because it is a strong chemical. However, it is also a toxic chemical. If you use it during fungus cleanup, you are further polluting the air in this area. It can be especially problematic if you have employees with sensitivities or health problems, as it can be unsafe for them to be around the chemicals.
2. It Doesn’t Get to the Root of the Problem
Using bleach to cleanup mold might work if the surface it is growing on is non-porous, but this is often not the case. Porous materials, such as carpeting and some woods, hold moisture very easily. If mold begins to grow inside of these materials, it might be too far from the surface for a chemical cleaner to reach.
3. There Are More Effective Methods
While doing the fungus cleanup on your own might be able to save you some trouble, if you don’t do a thorough job, it will make the problem even worse. Hiring a mold remediation specialist to get the job done for you is a much better option. As professionals, these specialists will have the necessary tools and experience to remove the mold effectively without relying on toxic treatments.
If you find mold in your building, it is important to have fungus cleanup done as quickly as you can to prevent damage. However, relying on substances such as bleach to remove the growth will likely not give you the results you want.