Neighbors Magazine - Michael Bowdren Feature
Michael Bowdren Cleans Up Geauga County
Recently Michael was the cover story for a local magazine article, here is a portion:
The concerns over the coronavirus are affecting the whole family, as they are the rest of the country. As an owner of a SERVPRO franchise, Mike is on the frontlines trying to keep his customers safe. As soon as news of the virus spreading hit, Mike and other SERVPRO franchises began receiving phone calls about proactive disinfecting of structures due to the virus. “We are figuring out the best options for our clients. SERVPRO has structured its cleaning protocols into three categories depending on the level of exposure that has occurred at a site,” he explains. Category One is proactive cleaning and disinfecting surfaces when no cases are suspected or reported in a structure; Category Two is for when there has been a suspected case in the structure; Category Three is a result of a confirmed coronavirus case within the structure. The tough thing is that while many of us are staying home riding out this situation, SERVPRO and its employees are hard at work. “I am reminding our employees that we are working when others aren’t. We are working when people are sleeping and when people have suffered catastrophes in their businesses and homes with hurricanes, flooding, and now the coronavirus.” As with all of us, the virus isn’t just affecting our work lives. It is affecting our families, and the same is true of Mike and his girls. Mike and the girls look forward to things getting back to normal. In the meantime, Mike says, “We just want to reach out to everyone in our neighborhood and hope that everyone is staying well and practicing what they are supposed to in order to stay safe.”
To read the rest, please visit us SERVPRO of Geauga County on Facebook
How To Clean Clothing After a Fire
This compact machine has the power of a thunderstorm when it comes to eliminating odors!
Smoke odor after a fire could remain in clothing unless it is properly treated. Trying to deodorize with perfumes, sprays, or disinfectants, will only mask the smoke odor. The smoke odor will return once the chemical, based spray evaporates. One of the best methods to deodorize clothing is called an ozone treatment. An ozone treatment will produce an oxidizing agent that resembles the smell, that one may smell, after a thunderstorm. Using an ozone machine should be done by a professional in an ozone room / chamber. An ozone treatment should also be done prior to any laundering and or dry cleaning. SERVPRO of Geauga County provides timely response with mitigation services ranging from fire, smoke, soot and odor removal to content claims inventory and document restoration.
Need a Professional? Call Us Today to Learn More 440-564-7266
Storm & Flood Damage
This Geauga County tree fell on a horse barn.
SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our technicians are highly trained and utilize specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we have the ability, to respond quicker. A faster response time, lessens the potential damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. Plus, who does not want to have the #1 Restoration Company handling their loss?
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Geauga County, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 440-564-7266
Trashcan Fire Can Devastate Your Geauga County Home
Fire caused by placing ashes from an outdoor firepit into a garbage can then placing the can in the garage.
One of the best things on a cool spring evening is sitting by a fire outside. With a few tips, you can have a safe evening with s'mores and loved ones.
- Only burn dry, cured wood. That means wood that has dried for 8-12 months.
- Do not burn treated or construction wood. It can be chemically treated and produce dangerous fumes when burned.
- Never leave a fire unattended, especially around children.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on hand just in case.
- Build your fire slowly.
- Even after putting water on the fire, there may be hot ashes deep inside.
- Never shovel ashes into a plastic or rubber trash can
- Never store a trash can with ashes in your garage or home.
- Call SERVPRO Of Geauga County for any Emergency clean ups. at 440-564-7266.
If a fire does happen, first call the fire department. Once the fire has been put out you can contact the highly trained professionals at SERVPRO of Geauga County to service your home and repair and restore after a fire.
Wind Damage to Your Auburn Township Home or Business
Wind damage caused gutter and roof damage to this Auburn Township home.
Wind and hail can cause multiple issues to your home or business such as:
- Blown off or peeling shingles
- Chimney Damage
- Tears in Rubber Roofs
- Damaged Soffit and or Fascia
- Broken or Damaged Windows
- Downed Powerlines with Potential Fire Hazards
- Trip, Fall, Overhead, Puncture Hazards – Look for loose nails, broken glass, downed wires, broken gutters etc.
Wind damage and hail can also lead to unforeseen issues such as roof leaks and water damage inside your home. If left unseen or treated, you can be left with issues of mold and even structural issues. SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a storm, fire, smoke, mold or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Call SERVPRO Of Geauga County for any Emergency cleanups at 440-564-7266.
Geauga County Commercial Cleaning Services
General cleaning of a Local area meeting facility in Geauga County.
SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in all commercial cleaning services, from general cleaning of workspaces to heavy cleaning of warehouse walls and ceilings. A clean office promotes employee health and safety, production, and overall happiness. When dirt, odor, and moisture problems go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you need turn to the professionals and let us handle the everyday wear and tear that gradually soils your office.
SERVPRO of Geauga County offer services that range from a onetime cleaning service through weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly.
Our commercial cleaning services include:
- General Office Cleaning and Sanitization
- Biohazard, Sewage, and Water Mitigation
- Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
- Fire and Smoke Cleaning
- Storm Damage Remediation and Restoration
- Vandalism Clean and Board Up
If you are interested in professional cleaning services, do not hesitate to contact the appropriate professionals.
Call SERVPRO of Geauga County at 440-564-7266
Visit http://www.SERVPROgeaugacounty.com for more information
Where is all this water coming from?
Homeowner wasn't clear as to where the water was coming from. They contacted a plumber and then they contacted us.
Is it a pipe in the wall, a drain, roof, sink, refrigerator, or even the hot water tank? When faced with water damage in your Geauga County home or business, the first thing to remember is to call for help immediately. Waiting to seek help while trying to remedy the situation will only make the damage worse.
- Call a plumber to fix the source
- Call a mitigation team to extract
- Do not attempt to use anything electrical
- Mop and/or blot excess water, open windows, drapery, and blinds.
- Remove loose items from the floor
- Remove art objects or other irreplaceable items
- Prop up wet upholstery and furniture cushions
- Remove rugs from wet carpeting
- Do not enter areas with sagging ceilings or saturated upper floors.
Calling an expert promptly will prevent further water loss and damage to your property.
Call SERVPRO of Geauga County at (440) 564-7266 or visit us at:
https://www.SERVPROgeaugacounty.com for more information on water damage.
Mold Growth After the Storms in Chagrin Falls, Oh
Heavy rains infiltrated a roof in Chagrin Falls, causing mold damage to the ceiling below.
After recent storms have you seen visible mold? Did you know mold can be visible in as little as 24-48 hours? Fighting mold damage can be dangerous, so here are a few tips:
What to Do:
- Do not go near the affected areas.
- Keep humidity between 30 and 60 percent
- Keep gutters and drains clean
- Inspect your sump pump to ensure it is functioning properly
- Contact SERVPRO of Geauga County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t run fans near suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 440-564-7266
Thunderstorm Strikes Geauga County
Local Geauga County business, sewage backup.
Overnight, this past Sunday, hundreds of Geauga County residents and businesses were left with flooded basements and lower level living spaces. We were inundated with calls of sump pump failures, drain backups, sewage backups, and foundational issues. Many were concerned with their health and safety during this trying time. Needless- to -say, emotions were at an all time high. We wanted to help everyone; but knew we couldn’t do it alone. With one phone call to our Corporate location, we knew help was on the way. The SERVPRO Storm Team, loaded up and mobilized from multiple states to help Geauga County residences recover. Within hours we had the equipment and manpower needed to help almost everyone. We are grateful to The SERVPRO Storm Team, and proud that we are all one team, working together!
Catastrophic Storm and Major Event Response
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are prepared for the unpredictable.
With the ability to mobilize local command centers, along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big.
Hoarding Clean Up: We are here to help our Geauga County neighbors.
Hoarding can create hazardous, obstacles not only for the person suffering from the illness but anyone entering the home.
Hoarding is a serious illness that typically stems from a mental disorder or psychical limitations. A person who suffers from a hoarding disorder may not have the ability to part from their belongings. Often, they need to first seek counseling from a professional. They also need the help and support from loved ones. Here are a few tips if you decide to assist a loved one get a fresh new start:
- Items Needed: PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), disposable gloves, dust masks/ respirator, steel toe boots, hard hat, and goggles to avoid exposure to mold, parasites, and other health concerns that may be present. Contractor trash bags, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, sponges, cleaning rags, mops, brooms, vacuum, ladder, tape and empty boxes. Also, be sure to have a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, and bug spray readily available. Note, if this home contains any biohazardous materials it is best to call a professional company. Biohazardous trash can’t be discarded with everyday household trash.
- Take pictures throughout entire home
- Start by cleaning the bathroom, as you will need access to soap and water
- Separate trash from salvageable items, disposing of trash
- Once you have disposed of all the trash and debris, separate salvageable items into two separate piles; items you will keep verse items you will donate.
- Next, you need to determine if items will be boxed up for storage or if items will be left onsite.
- Finally, you can begin the cleaning and sanitization process. (If furnished you may need to have carpet and upholstery cleaned as well as bedding and window treatments laundered.)
- If your loved one will be returning home after the cleanup, help them maintain a clean and clutter-free living space. Get other family members involved, visit often, and provide further assistance if necessary.
About SERVPRO of Geauga County
SERVPRO of Geauga County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property. SERVPRO of Geauga County will work discreetly with you and your family. We are trained to adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitization standards, making us the #1 choice for cleanup and restoration. Call 440-564-7266 or email us at office@SERVPRO10360.com to see how we can help clean your home or business.